Year of APP Development:
Professional Development Network (PDN)
The Professional Development Network (PDN) aims to provide and promote professional development activities for leaders and aspiring leaders. This application was built to specifically target the PDN side of the business in collaboration with Griffith University. Students can sign up for events via a link on the Griffith university website and download the application where they can view event details of conference/ events they have signed up for, as well as network between themselves.
The main objective the application was to create an environment where event attendees can see their upcoming event schedules, network with others, as well as view news and important information.
The app needed to be integrated with a third-party event management company’s system to ensure users were able to streamline their events and its related information.
- Access user information, event information and speaker/presenter information.
- Photo data will be stored both locally and on a database for users to view events and relevant information.
- Email notifications and push notifications to let users know of events and notices.
- Browse, select and add events to a user’s list of attending events
- Manage passwords and reset capabilities
- Cancel registration to attend an event(s)
- View news provided by Dot Dash Events.
- Ability to Network between other event attendees, through chat functions and attendees lists.